George Weah goal for Milan vs Verona as his son joins Celtic from Paris Saint-Germain

George Weah goal for Milan vs Verona as his son joins Celtic from Paris Saint-Germain
Celtic have signed Timothy Weah.
The 18-year-old has joined Brendan Rodgers’ side for the rest of the season, leaving Paris Saint-Germain on loan.Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season2
Weah scored his first league goal for PSG earlier this season
Born in New York in 2000, Weah is theson of former Milan and PSG striker George and joined the PSG youth academy in 2014, signing his first professional contract with the French club three years later.Here, talkSPORT.com looks at two of the most famous goals scored by his dad – now Liberias president.

Weah v Bayern Munich

The striker finished the 1993/94 season as the Champions League’s top scoring player with seven goals. His goal in Munich in 1994 showed the silky skills that brought him Ballon d’Or glory the following year.

Weah v Verona

It’s the goal known as Weah’s coast to coast goal, scored for Milan against Verona in September 1996. Dribbling the length of the pitch, it’s one of his most famous goals and came during a 4-1 win.There are people that said I will not be as good as my father, that I am trash and asked why I am playing for the US, Weah Jr has previously said.You know, that is just pushing me to be the star that my country has been looking for.My dream is eventually becoming the greatest talent to come out of the United States and New York, being a starter and playing for my country.I have done a lot to get here. I have faced a lot of people who said that I would always be in my fathers shadow. I just take that, and I use that as a boost, because, as much as I love my father, I am trying to make a name for myself.Weah has played eight times for the USA2
Weah has played eight times for the USA
Speaking toSports Illustratedin October, Weah also discussed how being exposed to the qualities of his team-mates on a daily basis has helped his progression, though admitted to being a late bloomer in comparison to his more celebrated team-mate, Kylian Mbappe.
REVEALED: How Celtic could look at the end of January with added firepower
Its crazy, he said. At training I see Neymar do crazy stuff. Mbappe, hes closer to my age, so I relate more with him, and when I see him doing the stuff he does in training, it kind of pushes me to go out there and try hard and also be myself and show what I can do with the ball at my feet.You know, Im getting there. Im a late bloomer. Its taking time. But I try to just take it day by day. I train hard. Even after training, I stay two hours behind and try to work on my passes and finishing. Its getting there. And I cant wait until Im at my full potential and can show the world what I can do.

Georginio Wijnaldum (Centre midfield)

RESULTS Championship results: Leeds United go three points clear after beating Rotherham and Martin O'Neill gets first win as Nottingham Forest boss
Championship round-up: Leeds win to move three points clear

Coutinho has struggled at Barcelona

City boss Pep Guardiola says every trip to Goodison Park is a tough test. READ: Everton v City: Injury news. The Blues' boss suffered his heaviest defeat as manager to the Toffees during his first season as City manager and he expects another difficult trip this season. "Goodison Park is always a tough game for us," said Pep.

Romelu Lukaku is set to lead the line against Palace

Bailey was called up to the squad in October but failed to make his competitive debut after his brother did not receive a call-up. Leon Bailey has been compared to Arjen Robben What is his style of play? He has been called the "heir to Arjen Robben" because of his abilities on the right wing.
Who is Leon Bailey? The £100m 'heir' to Arjen Robben being

Klopp has a joke around with Gotze, even after the player left Dortmund for rivals Bayern Munich in 2013

Manchester City have included a Manchester United-related sell-on clause in Brahim Diaz's Real Madrid transfer, Goal has learned.. Brahim, 18, is poised to move to Santiago Bernabeu in a deal
Real Madrid unveil Brahim Diaz after £22m move from

Unai Emery could end his first season at Arsenal with silverware

A pitch invader brought the Champions League final between Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur to a temporary halt in Madrid on Saturday evening. The scantily-clad intruder was wearing a skimpy
Champions League final pitch invader: Why scantily-clad

Arsene Wenger endured a tough final few years at Arsenal

Manchester United fans expect Anthony Martial and David de Gea to sign new contracts now that Jose Mourinho has been sacked Supporters believe there could be some good news to come out of Mourinho
Manchester United 'expect' Anthony Martial to sign new

David Silva celebrates opening the scoring at the Etihad

West Brom vs Aston Villa live on talkSPORT: Commentary, stream and confirmed line-ups for Championship play-off clash. All you need to know to tune into the semi-final tie at the Hawthorns.
~ Aston Villa vs West Brom live on talkSPORT 2: Free stream

Morrison (right) won the FA Youth Cup with the Red Devils in 2011
Arsenal fans can't believe how good Samir Nasri was for West

Mesut Ozil is not in Arsenal manager Unai Emery’s good books

Callum Hudson-Odoi hopes he has done enough to earn a starting spot in Chelsea's Carabao Cup final team against Manchester City after impressing during their 3-0 Europa League last-32 second
Chelsea team news v Man City: Callum Hudson-Odoi to start

A Kappa concept design for the home shirt

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be rushed back for the Champions League quarter-final against Ajax, insists Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli. Forward Ronaldo suffered a right thigh injury in Portugal's
Cristiano Ronaldo injury latest as Juventus provide update

Rio Ferdinand made 81 England appearances

Mauricio Pochettino is confident Tottenham will be able to play the home leg of their Champions League quarter-final at the club's new stadium. Spurs had initially hoped to relocate into their new
Tottenham planning to play Champions League quarterfinal tie

No comments:

Post a Comment